- To protect the health and safety of members of our community this Fall, our policies balance our core academic mission with the need to reduce density in all campus buildings and rooms. To reduce density, we have implemented enrollment and space capacity caps; adjusted block course scheduling; are convening classes only in those spaces in which students and faculty can maintain appropriate social distancing; and have reconfigured in-use classrooms, including through investment in technological improvements necessary to make hybrid instruction possible.
- We are opening study areas in the Library and certain event spaces and student lounge areas on a first-come, first-served basis, while making some study spaces available on a reservation basis. We are also providing limited access to space for journal and student organization use.
- Although space is at a premium in the era of social distancing, we recognize that some students rely on the Law School for internet access and quiet study space, and we are prioritizing those needs, to the extent safety allows.
Hours of Operation
- All Law School buildings: Daily, 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Library: Daily, 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Library Services: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
All study space in Law School buildings is for use by Law students only. To ensure sufficient social distancing is maintained, please use designated seating and do not move furniture. Non-compliance could lead to space closure.
The following spaces will be available on a first come, first served basis:
- Furman Hall
- Sexton Forum
- Greenberg Lounge
- Seryl and Charles Kushner Lounge
Private Rooms for Remote Zoom Sessions
The Law School will have a limited number of private rooms that can be reserved in advance by students who have a critical need to take a remote class on campus. We expect the rooms to be available after Labor Day and will share information on reservation protocols soon.
- Classroom use is limited to those registered for each course as well as faculty and those supporting faculty (TAs, clerical staff, tech staff).
- Classrooms will be locked when not in use and will be unlocked approximately 30 minutes before classes begin. To allow for sufficient cleaning time, please do not linger after class.
- 1L Sections that stay in the same room for more than one course need not vacate. In order to keep each other safe, we ask that you not visit friends in other classrooms during the break.
Indoor, in-person seated dining is still not permitted in New York City. Thus, you will not see furniture in Golding Lounge. For the time being, it is possible to eat and maintain 6 feet from others in Wachtell Lounge or outdoors on the Golding terrace or in the Vanderbilt Hall courtyard. Food venues include:
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz “Grab and Go” Café
Furman Hall (1st Floor)
Daily 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Golding Lounge
Vanderbilt Hall (2nd Floor)
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
You may order in person by following the traffic pattern mapped out with purple arrows, or order ahead using the Grubhub app, then follow the traffic pattern mapped out with red arrows to pick up your order.