The Law School is coordinating closely with the University to address the threat presented by COVID-19. As the health situation continues to evolve, University guidelines on health and safety are being frequently updated. In the event that the information on the Law School’s pages diverges from the University guidelines, please defer to the University.
- Vaccine Mandate
NYU requires all students, faculty, and employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and upload proof of vaccination as a condition of having access to NYU buildings—both in New York City and at the majority of our study away sites in the US and abroad—for the 2021-22 academic year. The only exception to this requirement is for individuals who have obtained a formal exemption from the University for medical or religious reasons.
- Daily Screener
NYU students, faculty, employees, affiliates, visitors, and vendors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to use the NYU Daily COVID-19 Screener for Campus Access (Daily Screener) each day, prior to leaving home, if planning to enter an NYU academic or administrative building.
- Mask Requirements
- Detailed information about mask requirements (including specifications about types of face coverings and their proper use) are available on the University’s Masks and PPE page.
- All members of the NYU community—students, faculty, administrators, staff, contractors, and visitors—are required to wear face coverings at all times while indoors on the University campus or while participating in University-sponsored activities off-campus, regardless of local ordinances. Face coverings must cover both mouth and nose.
- Fully vaccinated, masked members of the community do not need to maintain physical distance from one another.
- NYU Building Ventilation
NYU’s Facilities & Construction Management has surveyed and updated NYU’s buildings and, since Summer 2020, has implemented CDC recommendations to make changes to air filtration/HVAC systems in order reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- Eating and Drinking Indoors
- Eating in classrooms is prohibited.
- Masks are not required when eating outdoors.
- Eating will only be allowed in specifically designated areas. You are required to maintain 6 feet (2 meters) distance from other people while in designated eating areas.
- View the full policy details.
- Weekly Testing will be required through Binx or NYU BioReference for students and employees who are not fully vaccinated (for example, because of an approved medical exemption, or those who are only partially vaccinated until such time that they are fully vaccinated).
- There is no requirement that vaccinated individuals continue to submit regular COVID-19 tests through the University’s Binx and Bioreference testing programs.
- Indicated Testing will take place for anyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated, who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Indicated testing will also include those who were in close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Discretionary Testing will be available for students and employees who were recently in a high transmission situation.
- Contact Tracing
The University COVID Prevention and Response Team, not the Law School, will continue to manage all contact tracing. They will conduct all outreach regarding positive test results and advise on next steps to be taken.