- Where does my Outlook go when I minimize it?
- Why isn't my instant search finding any items?
- How do I get the office button to stop flashing?
- How can I search my Frequent Contacts in the Address Book when addressing a message?
- Now what?
- Outlook hides itself when minimized as a default once you install it. Find the Outlook icon in the system tray (bottom right-hand side of your screen). Right click on the Outlook icon and uncheck "Hide When Minimized". This will allow Outlook to show as a button on your toolbar at the bottom of your screen instead of disappearing when you minimize it.
- You likely need to reindex your search engine.
- The first thing you should do is go to your "start" menu, then "run", then type "fixmapi" into the "open" field. This will not do anything visible. Reboot your computer. If this still does not fix your problem, you will need to reindex.
- In your system tray on the bottom right-hand side of your screen, right click on the magnifying glass icon. (You might need to expand your tray to see it.) Select "Windows Desktop Search Options". Click on "Advanced" button. Select "Rebuild Index". Now open Outlook and try again. Depending on the size of your inbox and other things the Windows Desktop Search is indexing, it may be a little bit before full results are returned.
- When you first install Outlook, it is likely every time you create a new mail message that the office button is flashing orange in the upper left-hand corner. Simply click on the button to stop it from flashing. It will expand the menu. Focus your curser back in the body of the email (click anywhere outside of the expanded menu). This should stop the flashing.
- In order to be able to search your Frequent Contacts when addresing your email via the Address Book, you will first need to change the properties in the Contacts. Go to "Contacts" in Outlook; "Go" menu > "Contacts" or click on the "Contacts" button in the bottom left-hand corner of the folder pane. Right-click on the "Frequent Contacts" listed under "My Contacts" on the left-hand side. Select "Properties". Go to the "Outlook Address Book" tab and check the box that says "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book". Click "Apply" and "OK". Now when you are in the address book addressing a new mail message, choose "Frequent Contacts" under "Outlook Address Book" from the drop-down Address Book list. Proceed with searching and selecting your recipients.
- Stay tuned!