Blackboard training and support is generally handled through the NYU Client Services (see sidebar). NYU's website has a list of topics available for common tasks in Blackboard including training, FAQs and tutorials.
NYU ITS Blackboard Links
Common Law School Questions
- How will I know I'm assigned to the Blackboard Course? What about my TAs? Answer: In general, the listed faculty member for a given course will be assigned as the Instructor for a Blackboard course. If the faculty member has an assigned assistant, that individual is enrolled in the Blackboard course as a TA. All students registered through SIS are automatically enrolled as students.
- Where do I see my Blackboard course? Answer: You will find your Blackboard courses in NYU Home under the "Academics" tab.
- How long will I be able to see my course? Answer: Courses remain 'live' for three semesters, including the current semester. If you need access to material from a non-live course, you must make a request for the course to be re-activated from NYU Client Services through the AskITS webform.
- How do I make my course available to students? Answer: Log in to Blackboard and enter the course you wish to make available. Go to Control Panel > Course Options > Settings > Course Availability > Make Course Available > "Yes" > Submit.
- How do I add a student to the enrollment? Answer: Log in to Blackboard and enter the course you wish to add a student to. Go to Control Panel > User Management > Enroll User > Enter netID > Search by Username > Click on Search > check Add box next to name > Submit.
- Why does it say "No user matching the search criteria was found" when I try to add a student? Answer: You will get this message if the student is already enrolled or if you entered in the netID incorrectly. Remember that you must have the "username" radio button selected when searching for user by netID.
- Why can't I see my Blackboard course when I know I am enrolled in it? Answer: You likely need to "Refresh Blackboard Courses List" by clicking on the link of the same name listed underneath the Help & Support area of your Blackboard Courses in the Academics section of NYU Home.