The NYU Education Law and Policy Society is committed to strengthening education, with particular emphasis on public education reform in the United States. Ed Law strives to prepare leaders, generate discourse, engage the broader legal community, and create opportunities for students to effect change toward ensuring a quality education for all youth. Ed Law achieves its strength through its community, collaborating with other student groups, attorneys and advocates, faculty, and other NYU schools.
What Ed Law is Doing This Year:
- Hosting Leaders in Education Speakers Series over lunch with education reform leaders and policy-makers.
- Offering opportunities for students to assist with education litigation and policy research.
- Organizing debates, school tours, film screenings, and service projects.
- Facilitating career advising.
- Launching Suspension Representation Project, which which will give law students the opportunity to represent public school students in suspension hearings and help safeguard their right to education.