130 MacDougal Street (two buildings also known as the "Alcott Houses") is located between Bleecker and West Third Streets and next to D'Agostino Hall. The building houses NYU Law students.
In 1868, Louisa May Alcott sat at her desk before the second story window in her uncle’s house on MacDougal Street and penned the final paragraph of Little Women. The joined houses at 130 and 132 MacDougal Street had been built in 1852 and purchased by Alcott’s uncle. Alcott remained in her uncle’s house until 1870. (City Guide NY)