On Monday, September 22, Just Security celebrated its one-year anniversary in Washington, DC with a discussion co-hosted by CQ Roll Call. Journalists and policy experts discussed how national security issues are likely to play an increasingly prominent role in the upcoming midterm elections—and in shaping the agenda of Congress.
Just Security is an online forum that fosters in-depth discussion of law, rights, and US national security. Its target audience includes government officials and legislators, foreign policy experts, and journalists specializing in US national security and international affairs. Recent posts have discussed drones, the Islamic State, and airstrikes in Syria. Ryan Goodman, Anne and Joel Ehrenkranz Professor of Law, is co-editor-in-chief.
- David Ellis (moderator), Vice President of News, CQ Roll Call
- Rachel Kleinfeld, Senior Associate, Carnegie Endowment for International Piece
- Jerry Seib, Washington Bureau Chief, Wall Street Journal
- Tim Starks, Intelligence Reporter, CQ Roll Call
- Charles “Cully” Stimson, Manager, National Security Law Program and Senior Legal Fellow, Heritage Foundation
- Steve Vladeck, Co-Editor-in-Chief, Just Security
Watch the discussion below (1 hr, 31 min):
Posted September 25, 2014