Important Announcement: Program Update
Admission to all NYU Master of Laws degrees is highly selective. Last year, the Law School received more than 2,700 full-time LLM applications for the various programs. The New York City class was about 425 students, and the Singapore class has averaged about 40 students annually for the last five years of the program. Those admitted have excellent law school records and strong academic and/or professional recommendations. Evidence of significant professional accomplishment is also taken into consideration.
All prospective students applying to study in Singapore must submit an online application. All prospective students applying are required to use the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) LLM Credential Assembly Service, which includes the NYU Law Electronic Application, the Document Assembly Service, and the International Transcript and Authentication Service (if applicable). To register, visit the LSAC website at www.lsac.org/llm. All applicants are strongly advised to register for the LLM Credential Assembly Service four to six weeks in advance of their first application deadline. It is recommended that application materials which must be mailed to LSAC be received at least two weeks before the NYU application deadline.
If separately from application to NYU@NUS, prospective students wish to apply to the NUS LLM program, they should view the information on the NUS Web site.
NYU@NUS Application Checklist
Application Form and Fee
NYU Electronic Application- Submitted via the LSAC website
- Do not mail a printed copy of your completed online application
Application Fee- The $60 application fee is payable by credit card only via the LSAC website
- If you are unable to pay with a credit card contact email@example.com
Materials Submitted via Electronic Attachment
The following materials must be electronically attached to the online application form before submitting the application via the LSAC website. Do not mail any materials which are submitted via electronic attachment.
- Personal Statement
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Hauser Global Scholarship or Singapura Scholarship Essay (if applicable)
- J.S.D. Proposal of Study (if applicable)
- Addendum (if applicable)
Materials Mailed to the LSAC LLM Credential Assembly Service
We recommended that applicants arrange for their materials to be received at LSAC two weeks before the application deadline. Translations are required for documents in a language other than English. Do not mail to NYU any materials, or copies of materials, which are submitted to LSAC.
Official Transcripts and Class Rank Statement- Submitted with form from educational institution(s) to LSAC
- Review LSAC instructions carefully regarding the submission of transcripts
English Proficiency Test Score (if applicable)- Only official TOEFL or IELTS score(s) issued from the test agency to LSAC are acceptable
- TOEFL test-takers should provide institution code 8395 to ETS for reporting to LSAC
- IELTS test-takers should arrange for the test center to electronically report to LSAC
Recommendation Letter(s)- Submitted with form from recommender to LSAC
- Via LSAC website, ensure appropriate letter(s) are assigned to NYU
- Provide careful instructions to recommenders regarding appropriate forms and letters
Have questions? Please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.