- How to Request a Book or Article
- Using Your ILLiad Portal
- How The Process Works
- Document Delivery Facts
- Interlibrary Loan Facts
- Who To Contact
- Faculty Hotline
The Faculty Services Program is designed to support your scholarly endeavors. Two important components of the program are:
- Articles on Demand
- Book Retrieval and Delivery
We will retrieve books and articles from the Law Library and Bobst Library. If an item is unavailable at either of these libraries, we will process an interlibrary loan request for you.
How to Request a Book or Article
1. Go to ILLiad, the platform the Law Library uses to process and manage Faculty Services Requests, at https://nyulaw.illiad.oclc.org/illiad/logon.html.
2. Create an account by clicking on First Time Users
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on "First Time Users Click Here"
4. Fill in the "New User Registration" form, and click Submit
5. That's it, you can now logon to ILLiad and place your request.
Note: Please share your Username and Password with any assistants who will be placing requests for you.
Using Your ILLiad Portal
ILLiad provides Faculty with a portal to manage requests. One is able to :
- View the status of requests
- Create, edit and cancel requests
- View, print and download your pdfs, which remain posted on your portal for 30 days from the day library staff post them
How The Process Works
Faculty requests made through ILLiad first go to the Document Delivery part of ILLiad, to see if they are available in the Law Library or Bobst Library. If unavailable, the ILLiad system routes the request to the Interlibrary Loan part of ILLiad, to be obtained from other lending libraries.
Upon receipt by the Law Library, books are delivered to Faculty Offices, and articles are posted to the web. Faculty are alerted by emails of status changes to their requests.
Document Delivery Facts
Due to the large volume of requests received on a daily basis, we must restrict requests to 100 pages per day per faculty member.
- Requests are accepted weekdays only.
- Article requests placed by 12 noon will be filled within 48 hours.
- Article requests will be provided in electronic format, posted to your ILLiad portal.
- Books available at the Law Library will be delivered the same day, if requested by 12 noon.
- Books available at Bobst Library will be delivered within 48 hours.
- Deliveries to faculty offices are made twice daily, 10:00-11:00 a.m., and 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Service may take longer at certain busy times..
- Please rely on your assistant or research assistant if you need immediate service.
- The Law Library provides individual copies for your own research. We do not handle bulk orders for sale by the Law School Bookstore.
We observe copyright guidelines. As such, we may not be able to honor all photocopy requests.
Interlibrary Loan Facts
If your request is sent out through Interlibrary Loan, please note:
- Materials are usually received within 7-14 working days but this will ultimately depend on how quickly other libraries in the network respond to our requests.
- The length of a loan will vary, and is dependent on the loan rules of the lending institution. Please note that the due date will be clearly indicated on a check out slip.
- Books will be delivered to your office via Interoffice Mail.
- Articles and other copies will be posted to the ILLiad website, where they will remain for 30 days for viewing, printing, and downloading.
- If the ILL Office is unable to fill the request, you will be notified as soon as this information becomes available..
- In some cases, a renewal is possible. If a book is renewable, there will be a renew button next to the item on your ILLiad portal.
- Returns should be made before their due date to the Law Library Circulation Desk. Failure to return items in a timely fashion will have an adverse effect on our ability to borrow items from the lending institution in the future.
Whom To Contact
If the status of your request on your portal contains the initials DD, or Doc Del, it is in Document Delivery. If not, it is in Interlibrary Loan.
Document Delivery: If your request is in Document Delivery, contact your library liaison for assistance.
Interlibrary Loan: If your request is in Interlibrary Loan, contact Kris Dalman at (212) 998-6302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty may call the Faculty Hotline at (212) 998-6606 to place requests.