Designating the Law Library To Borrow Books From Bobst Library On Your Behalf
Law faculty should designate the Law Library as an authorized additional borrower. Please bear in mind that we are bound by any lending restrictions imposed by Bobst, and are unable to borrow materials that appear in BobCat as "non-circulating." If you exercise this option, please note the following:
- Bobst Library may require new faculty to register in person at the Bobst Circulation Desk and have their faculty ID card barcoded. This is a one-time-only requirement for new faculty members or for those who have not checked books out previously.
- You must also complete an Additional Borrower Authorization Form, available at this link in PDF, or from the ILL Desk on the B2 level of the Law Library. Please email the completed form to Jessica Freeman, who will return the form to Bobst. Please note: Bobst may not process your Authorization Form if you have not yet registered.
- You will not have to register again, and your Additional Borrower Authorization Form will be good for one year.
Bobst Library book returns, renewals and fines:
- Bobst books may be returned directly to Bobst Library, or to the Law Library's ILL desk, in person or by interoffice mail, whichever is convenient.
- Please note that the Law Library is unable to process renewals of your Bobst books. Renewal requests may be made in person at Bobst's circulation desk (1st floor) or online through Bobst's website.
Faculty members are solely responsible for the payment of any overdue fines or other charges assessed by Bobst Library. If you have overdue fines, Bobst will block your account so that books may not be checked out or renewed.
Borrowing from Bobst's Off-Site Facility
To obtain items (e.g. books, journals, etc.) from Bobst's off-site facility, Law Faculty should first locate the item through Bobcat (Bobst's online catalog). If the Bobcat record indicates that the item is "Off-site Available" from the "Bobst Library Main Collection," click on the link titled, "Login for Request Options," and request that the book be retrieved from the offsite facility and delivered to "NYU Bobst" (pickup location). You will receive an email from Bobst when the item is available for pickup. On receipt of this email, full-time and visiting Law faculty should then notify Law Library Faculty Services to arrange for pickup from Bobst and delivery to your office.
Renewing Bobst Books
How do I renew Bobst books? Go to the My Library Account feature in the Bobst catalog and follow these steps: Sign into Bobcat via NYU Home. Click "loans" to retrieve a listing of books you've borrowed. Click the "Renew All" button to reset the due date for all Bobst items. Click the number to the left of the item if you wish to renew individual item. Log out by clicking "End Session"
Renewals will not be granted if: the title has been requested by another patron; the item is long overdue; the renewal limit has been exceeded; or there is a block on the your record,