NYU does not accept credit cards. All applications require an initial payment of $725 ($25 nonrefundable processing fee and a $700 initial deposit) at the time of application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Submitting the Initial Deposit & Nonrefundable Processing Fee
Applicants must submit the nonrefundable processing fee and initial deposit online via Electronic Check (E-Check).All must be paid in U.S. Dollars.
- Your initial deposit ($700) will be applied towards your summer rent.
- If we are unable to assign you or if you cancel by the allowable cancellation date, the $700 initial deposit will be refunded to you.
- The $25 processing fee is nonrefundable.
- Note that it takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks for the refund to be processed by the NYU Bursar's Office and refunds are in the form of a check from NYU.
Deposit by Electronic Check (eDeposit via the eSuite)
Once the application has been submitted, applicants must submit the $725 initial deposit/nonrefundable processing fee.
- For the Summer 2013, the SLNY housing deposit can be made online via the NYU eSuite. To submit the deposit online, once in the NYU eSuite, applicants must click on the eDeposits tab.
Only checking accounts with U.S. financial institutions may be used when making payments. Paying with an electronic check will initiatie a transfer of funds from your bank account within one to two business days. If a check is returned, a returned check fee will be assessed. Have the following information available before you proceed:
• Bank Routing Number (9 digit number between the two colons ont eh bottom left of your check)
• Checking Account Number
To submit the deposit via Electronic Check, proceed as follows:
Go to NYU Start to activate your NYUHome Account.
If you are unable to access your NYUHome Account, please allow up to 24 hours for your access to be authorized.
Once you have successfully logged into your NYUHome account, following the instructions provided in the printable eDeposit Instructions.
See the Summer Housing Application materials for further information.