Current JD1 students residing in School of Law housing for the Spring 2017 semester may apply for a two week Writing Competition Extension.
Take Note of the Following:
- Only current JD1 students taking part in the Writing Competition and currently in School of Law housing are eligible to apply.
- The dates for the Writing Competition Housing Extension are Thursday, May 18 - Thursday, June 1, 2017 12:00 noon. Requests for a shorter stay will not be granted.
- If you applied for and have a confirmed Transition Week housing and Summer Term Housing assignment as of Week 1, there is no need to submit a Writing Competition Extension Application.
- This application should be submitted by those who are requesting an extension of stay beyond the scheduled check-out date of 12:00 noon. on Thursday, May 18, 2017 to take part in the Writing Competition.
- All residents with approved Writing Competition Extensions must check out by 12:00 noon on
Thursday, June 1.
- Writing Competition Extension Applications must be submitted by Monday, May 1, 2017.
- Assignments will be processed on May 3, 2017 and applicants will be notified with the status of their application via NYU email.
- Applicants will be charged the corresponding summer housing weekly rate for their stay. We recommend that applicants review the summer housing/writing competition weekly rates prior to submitting the application. Links to the rates are provided below.
- Once approved, the nonrefundable charge will be placed on your University account for the entire duration of the Writing Competition stay. Charges will not be prorated.
- The Office of Residential Life will make every effort to accommodate requests for an extension of stay based on room availability.
Summer 2017/Writing Competition Weekly Rates