Current JD1 students residing in School of Law housing for the Spring 2016 semester may apply for a two week Writing Competition Extension.
Take Note of the Following:
- Only current JD1 students taking part in the Writing Competition and currently in School of Law housing are eligible to apply.
- The dates for the Writing Competition Housing Extension are Wednesday, May 17 - 10am on Thursday, June 2, 2016. Requests for a shorter stay will not be granted.
- If you applied for, and are confirmed for Transition Week housing and Summer Term Housing as of Week 1 there is no reason to submit a Writing Competition Extension Application.
- This application should be submitted by those who are requesting an extension of stay beyond the scheduled check-out date of 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 to take part in the Writing Competition.
- All residents with approved Writing Competition Extensions must check out by 10:00 a.m. on
Thursday, June 2.
- Writing Competition Extension Applications must be submitted by Friday, May 1, 2016.
- Assignments will be processed on May 9, 2016 and applicants will be notified with the status of their application via NYU email.
- Applicants will be charged the corresponding summer housing weekly rate for their stay. We recommend that applicants review the summer housing/writing competition weekly rates prior to submitting the application. Links to the rates are provided below.
- Once approved, the nonrefundable charge will be placed on your University account.
- The Office of Residential Life will make every effort to accommodate requests for an extension of stay based on room availability.
Please Note: Students requesting a writing competition housing extension must be prepared to relocate to D'Aostino Hall space during this period of time.
Summer 2016/Writing Competition Weekly Rates