Current JD1 students residing in School of Law housing for the Spring 2013 semester may apply for a two week Writing Competition Extension.
Take Note of the Following:
- Only current JD1 students taking part in the Writing Competition and currently in School of Law housing are eligible to apply.
- The dates for the Writing Competition Housing Extension are May 23 - June 1, 2013. Requests for a shorter stay will not be granted.
- If you applied for, and are confirmed for Transition Week housing and Summer Term Housing as of Week 1 there is no reason to submit a Writing Competition Extension Application.
- This application should be submitted by those who are requesting an extension of stay beyond the scheduled check-out date of 10 AM on May 22, 2013 to take part in the Writing Competition.
- All residents with approved Writing Competition Extensions must check out by 10 AM on
Saturday, June 1.
- Writing Competition Extension Applications must be submitted by May 10, 2013.
- Assignments will be processed in May and applicants will be notified with the status of their application via email.
- Applicants will be charged the corresponding summer housing weekly rate for their stay. We recommend that applicants review the summer housing/writing competition weekly rates prior to submitting the application. Links to the rates are provided below.
- Once approved, the nonrefundable charge will be placed on your University account.
- The Office of Residential Life will make every effort to accommodate requests for an extension of stay based on room availability. Please note that it may be necessary for some residents to relocate to a different apartment, depending on the summer usage of their current apartment. Applicants must indicate on the application if they are willing to accept an alternate assignment if their spring apartment is not available.
Summer 2013/Writing Competition Weekly Rates
We will do all that we can to accommodate applicants in their spring 2013 assignment during this time. However, due to the arrival of the summer residents, this will not always be possible.