Procedures for current New York University School of Law residents switching from their academic year housing assignment into their Fall academic year housing assignment.
- All in-house apartment switches, including building changes, will be scheduled for Sunday, September 17th. Residents must switch when scheduled to do so between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 17th.
- Please go to the Office of Residential Life in Hayden Hall if you are switching into Hayden and the Office of Facilities Services in D'Agostino Hall if you are switching into D'Agostino Hall, 130 MacDougal Street.
- Move your belongings into the new space. Please understand that moves are happening simultaneously, so you may be moving into a space where the Fall resident may also be transitioning into another space for the Fall. Likewise, if someone is moving into the apartment you are vacating, it will not be possible for you to wait until the end of the day for your new apartment to be completely cleared.
- Remember that you are responsible for cleaning your current apartment before switching into your new apartment. Residents must depend upon one another to ensure that no one has to move into a dirty apartment. To avoid cleaning or damage charges, you must leave the bedrooms in a clean and undamaged condition. The common areas (kitchen and bathroom) must also be clean and neat for the next resident. In a case where one resident leaves and one resident stays, for example, you must collectively decide who cleans the common areas, and the resident who stays must then maintain them until a new resident arrives. Reminder - if your Fall 2017 apartment requires cleaning, a $300 fee will be added to your University account.
- Hayden and D’Agostino residents must complete a mail forwarding/Registration Card when checking out and the must NOT submit a change-of-address with the U.S. Postal Service.
All residents should change their address with the sender directly (banks, cell phone companies, friends, magazines, etc.).Note that junk mail (catalogues, etc.) cannot be forwarded. Please help reduce the amount of junk mail (wasted paper!) we receive by following some simple steps.
- Once you have completed the move into your new apartment and your former apartment is empty of your belongings, please proceed to the Office of Residential Life in Hayden Hall or the Office of Facilities Services in D'Agostino Hall during office hours to return your old apartment and mail keys. Residents switching into Hayden or D'Agostino Hall will also receive their new mail key at this time. Please remember that there is a $100 charge for failure to return your apartment ($75) and mail ($25) keys.
- Please plan accordingly! Do not wait until the last minute. All switches must begin at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 17th.
Please be prepared to bring a desk lamp (it is recommended that Hayden residents also bring a floor lamp as there is no overhead lighting), linens, pillows, blankets, kitchen utensils, garbage can, etc.
Halogen lamps are prohibited in NYU School of Law housing.
Bed sizes for linens are as follows: Hayden Hall type A, D, and E apartments (queen); 130 MacDougal Street (full); D'Agostino Hall type L1 (full), all other locations have extra long 80" x 36" mattresses. Rooms are furnished with a bed, dresser, (built-in drawers in D'Agostino Hall), desk, chair, lounge chair (Hayden only) and bookcase. This furniture is not removable due to storage limitations.
110 West Third Street
Apartment # Example 1209B)
New York, NY 10012
240 Mercer Street
Apartment # (Example: 302A)
New York, NY 10012
|130 MacDougal Street:
130 MacDougal Street
Apartment # (Example: F)
New York, NY 10012
Moving Company Insurance Certificates
NYU requires a certificate of insurance from all moving companies prior to entering our buildings. Certificates must be faxed to Ken Stenstrom (Office of Facilities Services, Phone: (212) 998-6508
Facsimile: (212) 995-3160) 48 hours prior to the move date for approval.
The requirements are:
- New York University should be named as the certificate holder.
- General liability limits must be at least $1,000,000.00 for both general aggregate and each occurrence.
- Automobile liability insurance must have a combined single limit of at least $1,000,000.00.
Carts are available for your use, but please adhere to the following:
- There is a 2 hour time limit which will be strictly enforced so that all residents may utilize the carts (pack your belongings ahead of time).
- You must leave a valid driver’s license, NYU ID, vehicle registration card, or credit card with the Door Attendant in order to use a cart.
- Anyone who fails to return a cart will be subject to a $300 fine assessed to his/her University account.
Vacuum cleaners are available for your use. Please adhere to the following:
- There is a 1/2 hour time limit.
- You must leave a current NYU ID with the Door Attendant in order to use a vacuum.
- Anyone who fails to return a vacuum will be subject to a $150 fine assessed to his/her University account.