Residents may check-in any time/day after 9:00 a.m. on their confirmed check-in date, which will be indicated in the assignment letter. The Front Desk is open 24 hours a day. The Door Attendant will have your check-in packet; however please be advised that rolling bins for unloading your car and moving large items are only usable until 11:00 p.m. due to the excessive noise they create.
Valid photo ID must be presented when you check-in.
Arriving By Car
Being in the middle of New York City, parking is not provided. Large rolling bins are available to assist with moving your items from the car into the building. We recommend "live" parking in front of the building (someone should always remain with the car) while you unload.
- D'Agostino Hall residents check-in at D'Agostino Hall
- Mercer Residence residents check-in at Mercer Residence
- 130 MacDougal Street residents check-in at D'Agostino Hall
The University has issued a ban on smoking in all undergraduate and graduate residence hall apartments and facilities. Any resident or guest wishing to smoke must exit the building to do so in the designated smoking area. Smoking is also prohibited on all terraces.
Moving Company Insurance Certificates
NYU requires a certificate of insurance from all moving companies prior to entering our buildings. Certificates must be faxed to Ken Stenstrom (Office of Facilities Services, Telephone: (212) 998-6508 Facsimile: (212) 995-3160) 48 hours prior to the move date for approval.
The requirements are:
- New York University should be named as the certificate holder.
- General liability limits must be at least $1,000,000.00 for both general aggregate and each occurrence.
- Automobile liability insurance must have a combined single limit of at least $1,000,000.00.
110 West Third Street
Apartment # Example 1209B)
New York, NY 10012
240 Mercer Street
Apartment # (Example: 302A)
New York, NY 10012
130 MacDougal Street:
Rooms/Apartments are furnished with the following:
- Dresser (built-in drawers in D'Agostino Hall)
- Desk & Desk Chair
- Dining Table & Chair(s)
- Lounge Chair (Mercer Residence and 130 MacDougal Street only)
- Shower Curtain
- Heat/AC Unit
- Carpeting in Bedroom/Tile in Bathroom & Common Area
This furniture is not removable due to storage limitations.
Kitchens are equipped with the following:
- Kitchen Sink
- Tile Floors
- Recycling Bin
- Compost Bin (D'Agostino Hall & Mercer Residence)
Microwaves are not provided.
We recommend that you bring the following:
- Desk Lamp
- Floor Lamp: It is recommended that Mercer residents bring a floor lamp as there is no overhead lighting in the bedrooms. Halogen lamps are prohibited.
- Linens (Pillows, Blankets, Sheets, Towels, etc.). See bed size information below.
- Kitchen Supplies ( Pots, Pans, Glasses, Plates, Silverware, etc. )
- Garbage Can (Kitchen, Bathroom, and Bedroom)
- Alarm Clock
- Phone: The phone line is used by the front desk as the intercom system. It is recommended that you do not bring a cordless phone.
- Clothes Hangers
Halogen lamps are prohibited in NYU School of Law housing
Do not bring the following:
- Hot Plates
- Pets or Animals of Any Kind
- Wall or Cordless Phones
- Electric Heaters
- Halogen Lamps
Bed sizes for linens are as follows:
- 240 Mercer Street type A, D, and E apartments (queen)
- D'Agostino Hall type L1 (full)
- D'Agostino Hall type L2 utilized for family housing (full)
- 130 MacDougal Street type U (full)
- all other locations have extra long 80" x 36" mattresses
We recommend that residents send a photo to the NYUCard Center in advance of their arrival on campus so that an NYUCard can be generated prior to arrival.ID Cards for those who send in the NYU Card materials prior to arrival will be located in the check-in packet. At check-in, for those who have not submitted the ID Card materials, new residents/licensees and other adult residents on family housing applications, will be given temporary ID cards for access to their residence halls. The cards will be valid for three days only. All residents (licensees and other adult members on family housing applications) must get a permanent NYU photo ID from the University ID Center within three days of arrival. Family housing residents must obtain a NYU ID Card clearance letter from the Office of Residential Life. The permanent ID cards will be required for access to the residence halls and also for access to other university buildings, libraries, and the sports center.
We strongly recommend that residents send in a photo to the NYUCard Center in advance of their arrival so that an NYUCard can be generated and placed in the check-in packet. Please review the instructions on the NYUCard Photo Identification Application.
- Phones are not provided.
- Residents of D'Agostino Hall and Mercer Residence use the NYUnet assigned phone numbers, which will be indicated on the Notification of Assignment that will be sent to you. We recommend providing family, friends and prospective employers with the main University switchboard number, (212) 998-1212, in case of emergencies. Residents of 130 MacDougal Street may personally contract with a local provider for phone service.
- Voice mail service is provided.
- Upon arrival, residents of D'Agostino Hall and Mercer Residence may apply for a long distance calling code through CampusLink.
- All residents must plug in a phone upon arrival as the phone system is also the intercom system
- Information about the NYU Telecommunications System is located in the Telecommunications Guide.
D'Agostino Hall and Mercer Residence are wired to receive satellite cable television from NYU-TV. Residents must provide their own television sets and antenna cable (Rg-6 TV Antenna Cable, 75-ohms, "F" type male connector at both ends) for connecting television to an NYU Cable Jack .
Residents of 130 MacDougal Street may personally contract with a local provider for Cable TV service.
Computer Hook Up
The University's ResNet service, providing Ethernet and wireless connections from student rooms and to the University computer network and the Internet, is available for the licensee in Mercer Residence and D'Agostino Hall.
Residents of 130 MacDougal Street may personally contract with a local provider for phone service.
As a reminder, the University does not provide property insurance. Please make arrangements for insurance if you are not already covered under another policy.