Congratulations on your Admission to NYU Law!
We hope that you will join our academic and residential community to experience the unique advantages NYU School of Law and Greenwich Village provide.
NYU School of Law student housing offers a variety of smoke free living arrangements within its two high-rise apartment-style residence halls and one low-rise apartment buildings. Most student residents live in private bedrooms within shared two-or three-bedroom apartments. Family housing accommodations (in the form of studios and one-bedroom apartments) are available but limited in quantity. Our low-rise building, 130 MacDougal Street, allows us to offer economical studio and one-bedroom apartment options. Please see the specific building descriptions on our Web site for full details of all our facilities, including apartment layouts and furnishings.
Why School of Law Housing is a Great Option
- All housing options include utilities (gas, heat, water, electric, and air conditioning) and furniture in the rates.
- The rates in Mercer Residence and D'Agostino Hall include ResNet (high-speed wireless internet), NYU cable television, and phone service with local calls, voicemail, and call waiting.
- Mercer Residence and D'Agostino Hall offer a 24/7 Front Desk and security operation and round-the-clock maintenance coverage.
- Complementing the private living spaces are study rooms, laundry rooms, computer labs, terraces, lounges, bike storage and a recreation room.
- Buildings also house the Student Journal Offices, the Student Bar Association, and many other student organizations.
- Residents are not obligated to a 12-month lease if summer plans are unsure.
- Should you wish to stay in housing over the summer, simply apply for summer housing.
- Live in the heart of Greenwich Village.
- Live just a short walk from classes and the Law Library.
- Take advantage of the many seminars, programs, and activities offered.
- Unwind with fellow students over a game of pool or foos ball in the Mercer Gameroom.
Living in our residences - as two-thirds of the entering class does - allows students the opportunity to engage fully in the NYU Law experience.
The Department of Residence Services offers a series of social, cultural and educational programs designed to introduce residents the many wonders of NYU and NYC. The Faculty in Residence program gives residents the chance to enjoy lively, informal discussions on key legal issues with full-time faculty and visiting Hauser Global Law faculty. The monthly Residence Services newsletter, The HousinGram, provides students with timely administrative information and announcements.
The Department of Residence Services, comprised of the Office of Residential Life and the Office of Facilities Services, works to provide an environment that supports your studies at the Law School through well-maintained facilities, community-enhancing activities and policies and procedures that are comprehensive, easily understood and equitable. The Law School’s residential facilities possess an atmosphere where learning is fostered, diversity is embraced, and mutual respect for all members of the community is cultivated.
We encourage you to submit the Housing Application & License for Entering Students.