All of our clinical courses combine work in the field with seminars and simulation exercises. For a detailed description of each clinic and of application procedures, please visit the Clinics website. Students may not enroll in a clinic without first applying for and being accepted into it by the instructor. The application process for LLM students opens on May 19, 2017 and the deadline for submission of applications for fall and spring clinics is May 31, 2017 at 5pm NY time.
Students who need the LLM degree to qualify to take the NY Bar should note that up to 4 credits in clinical classes may count toward the 24 credits of instruction required by the New York bar eligibility rules provided that the 4 credits include a seminar component. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Affairs at email@example.com.
The following clinics reserve spots for LLM students. Additional clinic opportuities are posted here prior to the start of the clinic application period.
- Education Advocacy Clinic – Spring 2018
- Global Justice- for LLMs - Fall 2017
- Government Civil Litigation Externship-EDNY (US citizens only) - Fall 2017 and Spring 2018
- International Environmental Law – Fall 2017
- International Organizations for LLMs – Fall 2017
- LGBTQ Rights Externship - Spring 2018
- Mediation - Fall 2017
- Mediation - Advanced: Dispute System Design - Spring 2018
- NYC Law Department Externship - Fall 2017
- Prosecution Externship-EDNY (US citizens only) - Fall 2017 and Spring 2018
- Prosecution Externship-SDNY (US citizens only) - Fall 2017
- Racial Equity Strategies - Spring 2018
- Reproductive Justice - Fall 2017
Students should submit applications to clinics online using the Clinic Application and Matching System (CAMS) (https://its.law.nyu.edu/cams/). An NYU NetID and a Law School-issued password are required to access the system. Once you log in, you will be able to upload the application form, resume and unofficial transcript required by all clinics. Note that there is a separate application form for LLM students. The application form is in Word format and should be saved to your local computer, filled out and then submitted via (CAMS). Some clinics may request additional materials to supplement the basic application; these should also be submitted online via CAMS. If you have trouble saving the form, please contact the NYU School of Law Help Desk at (212) 998-6111. For other questions about CAMS please contact Susan Hodges.