APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE OR PROCESSED UNTIL ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ON THE CHECKLIST ARE RECEIVED. If you are married or in a domestic partnership, the following documentation is also required of your spouse/partner.
Note: All forms referred to below can be found in the LRAP forms section.
- The completed online application;
- A complete and signed copy of your most recently filed federal income tax return, including all schedules and W-2s. If you did not or were not required to file a federal income tax return, please complete our Affidavit of Federal Tax Filing Status;
- Most recent loan statements (either printed bill or statement obtained via the web) for all loans listed on the application which include:
• Monthly amount due (all accounts must be current)
• Due date of next payment
• Proof of recent payment (If you do not yet have loan statements, please have your lender complete our Lender Certification form; if you are not yet in repayment, please have your lender provide estimated information on the form)
- If you consolidated your law school federal loans with non-law school federal loans, please send the Consolidation Loan disclosure statement which lists the individual loans that were included in the Consolidation Loan. (If you submitted this information with a previous LRAP application, you do not need to submit it again);
- If you have non-law school educational loans, please provide loan statements for these;
- Recently dated letter from your employer stating job title, current annual gross salary, and the effective date of your current salary; or a completed Employer Certification form;
- If you have changed employment, a letter of separation from the previous employer verifying employment end date and ending annual salary;
- If you will be in a clerkship, please complete the Statement of Intent and Acknowledgement of Judicial Clerkship form;
- If you will be self-employed or an independent contractor, please complete the Self-Employment and Contract Employee Form;
- Most recent pay stub;
- LRAP Direct Deposit form
Transfer Students - Additional Supporting Documentation
A transfer student's student loans from his/her 1L year may be eligible for LRAP coverage. In order to determine the extent eligibility, we require information about financial aid during the non-NYU 1L year. While this information is not needed until you are applying for LRAP (after graduation), transfer students will find it easier to obtain this information at the beginning of their second year while they are still in recent contact with the previous law school. We will keep the information on file for future use.
The following is a list of the additional documentation required of transfer students:
- A letter from your previous school setting forth the total cost of attendance while in attendance (Student Expense Budget)
- A letter from your previous school setting forth the total amount of aid you received while in attendance. This letter should include all aid, such as loans, scholarships, grants, stipends, etc.
- A copy of your Federal Student Aid Report (SAR) from your 1L year. If you do not have a copy, you may obtain a copy from your previous school or the Federal Processor. The Federal Processor can be reached at 1-800-433-3243
- Upon submitting an LRAP application, you will be required to complete a statement of summer earnings for each summer during law school and the summer following graduation. In preparation for entrance into LRAP (after graduation), please document your summer earnings for the summer following your 1L year and submit the form by September 15th
For any LRAP related questions please send an email to email@example.com.