AnByrce Scholarship finalists are invited to interview with a panel that includes NYU Law faculty, AnBryce alumni, distinguished judges, and other supporters of AnBryce. The interviews, which are held in Washington, DC and New York City, last about 25 minutes and cover topics such as a student's major role models, courses taken, writing experience, and the influences that have affected his or her life.
The Law School makes travel and hotel arrangements for finalists and covers related expenses. Administrators and current AnBryce Scholars meet finalists in their interview city, and escort them to a dinner in their honor as well as to their interview. Business attire is suggested.
Following the interviews, finalists are invited to attend Admitted Students Day at NYU Law. They are accompanied to New York by a member of the Law School administration and a current AnBryce Scholar. While on campus, the finalists dine with current AnBryce Scholars and meet with the executive director of the AnBryce Foundation, the Dean of NYU School of Law, and the faculty director of the AnBryce Scholarship Program. Expenses related to lodging and transportation are covered by the AnBryce Scholarship Program.
AnBryce Scholarship offers are made early in the week following the interviews. Recipients are required to respond to the offer within three business days. Once enrolled, students must maintain satisfactory academic progress as described in the Student Handbook.
Faculty Director and Administrators
The following administrators and faculty are involved in many aspects of the AnBryce Scholarship Program:
- Richard Revesz, Lawrence King Professor of Law and Dean Emeritus; Faculty Director, AnBryce Scholarship Program
- Jeannie Forrest, Vice Dean for Development and Leadership Initiatives. Primary contact for all student services issues.
- Joel Schoenecker, Senior Director of Student Financial Services. Primary contact for all financial aid-related issues.
- Kenneth Kleinrock, Associate Dean for Admissions. Oversees admission and selection process.
- Cassandra Williams, Director of Admissions. Supervises logistics related to the interview and selection process.
- Tracee Nwafor, Assistant Director for Student Affairs. Coordinates and implements logistics related to the interview process and all academic year programming.