Diversity Fellowships & Scholarships
New York University School of Law is committed to a policy prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, gender and/or gender identify or expression, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran or military status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or on any other legally protected basis. The resources listed below are provided for student research only and do not indicate NYU’s endorsement of any program that does not comply with the school’s non-discrimination policies.
Financial support for diverse law students comes in two forms: scholarship funds that are intended to support students from a particular background or demographic, and opportunities which are tied to employment or internships for enrolled students. The Office of Career Services maintains a list of diversity related fellowships and scholarships which are tied to employment or internship opportunities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 998-6090 for access to the updated list (1L students should wait until October 15 to consider employment-based opportunities, according to NALP guidelines).
- American Association of Law Libraries
- American Association for Justice
- ABA Legal Opportunity Scholarship Fund
- The American Indian Graduate Center
- American Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation Sidney B. Williams, Jr. Minority Law Student Scholarship Program
- Asian American Law Fund of New York, Asian American Bar Association of New York, Community Service Scholarship Awards
- Association on American Indian Affairs, Inc.
- Association of Black Women Lawyers of New Jersey Scholarship
- Bronx County Bar Association Scholarships
- Corporate Counsel Women of Color Law Student Scholarship
- DRI Law Student Diversity Scholarship
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF)
- HNBA Legal Education Fund
- Iranian American Bar Association (IABA)
- Japanese American Citizens League
- Jewish Vocational Service Scholarship Fund
- Kamehameha Schools Scholarships for Hawaii Residents
- The Kosciuszko Foundation
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Law Foundation Partners Community Law Fellowship
- New Jersey Hispanic Bar Association Scholarship
- New Jersey State Federation of Women's Clubs
- The Point Foundation
- Puerto Rican Bar Association (PRBA)
- Sachs Foundation
- Swiss Benevolent Society of New York
- United Negro College Fund, Inc.