Given the diversity of the student body, OCS offers a number of programs and opportunities for all students. As part of this effort, OCS has tailored a number of career programs. We also work closely with all student organizations including the diverse student organizations and OUTLaw (LGBT student group).
- The Office of Career Services stays abreast of surveys that highlight number/percent of diverse attorneys, as well as showcases the availability of diversity training, mentoring programs, and diversity initiatives at various organizations.
- There are various on-campus presentations and receptions related to diversity initiatives.
- Many law firms host diversity events at their firm for our students to enable them to learn about the firm's practice and meet/network with attorneys interested in diversity initiatives.
- Many firms offer scholarship or fellowship opportunities for 1L students as part of the firms' diversity initiatives.
- Students actively participate in the City Bar Diversity Fellowship Program.
- Students take part in mentoring programs offered through the Black, Latino, Asian Pacific American Law Alumni Association (BLAPA).
- OCS organizes the 1L Diversity Résumé directories twice a year—once in February and once in July, to enable students to gain access to additional employment opportunities.
For more information on our student groups, please visit the Student Organizations page.
For more information from OCS please call at (212) 998-6090 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.